barrel(redirected from barrels)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
cash on the barrelhead
Payment at the time of service or purchase (as opposed to payment via credit). Well, I guess I'm not replacing my couch right now because the furniture store requires cash on the barrelhead. I'll have to come back after my next paycheck.
lock, stock, and barrel
Entirely or completely. Much to his wife's surprise, he cleaned out the basement, lock, stock, and barrel. When my son came home from his football game, he was so hungry that he ate everything in the refrigerator, lock, stock, and barrel.
Government funding made to a particular area or group to win support or popularity there. He won that district's votes by using the pork barrel and paying for a new community building.
1. tv. & in. to drink liquor to excess. Stop barreling beer and let’s go home.
2. n. a drunkard. The old barrel was full up and through for the evening.
3. in. to go fast; to speed while driving. She barreled out of here like a bat out of hell.
- (as) crooked as a barrel of fish hooks
- all oak and iron bound and *sound as a barrel
- bag ass out of somewhere
- barrel along
- barrel ass
- barrel ass out of somewhere
- barrel fever
- barrel in
- barrel in(to)
- barrel of fun
- barrel of laughs
- barrel of monkeys
- barrel out
- barrel out (of)
- barreled up
- be a barrel of laughs
- be more fun than a barrel of monkeys
- be scraping the barrel
- big around as a molasses barrel
- both barrels, with
- bottom of the barrel
- cash on the barrelhead
- crooked as a barrel of fish hooks
- double-barreled slingshot
- funny as a barrel of monkeys
- give someone both barrels
- have (one) over a barrel
- have someone over a barrel
- it takes one bad apple to spoil the (whole) barrel
- like shooting fish in a barrel
- loaded to the barrel
- loaded to the gills
- lock, stock, and barrel
- more fun than a barrel of monkeys
- not be a barrel of laughs
- on the barrelhead
- one bad apple spoils the (whole) barrel
- over a barrel
- pork barrel
- rotten apple
- rotten apple spoils the barrel
- scrape the barrel
- scrape the bottom of the barrel
- sound as a barrel
- the bottom of the barrel
- with both barrels