barrel fever(redirected from barrel-fevers)
1. slang A hangover. Well, if you don't remember last night at the bar at all, I'm not surprised you have barrel fever today!
2. slang The state of being intoxicated or drunk. Well, I must have had barrel fever last night if I got up and did karaoke at the bar!
3. slang A case of delirium tremens (a state of physical distress due to alcohol withdrawal, especially after chronic or heavy use). If Pop just stops drinking without being monitored by doctors, he might develop barrel fever.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. drunkenness. She seems to get barrel fever about once a week.
2. n. a hangover. Man, have I ever got barrel fever.
3. n. the delirium tremens. The old man is down with barrel fever again.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.