1. verb To vomit. I felt like I was going to barf from seasickness out on that boat.
2. verb To malfunction, usually of a computer. Can you take a look at my computer? It keeps barfing.
3. noun Vomit. Ugh, the sight of barf instantly makes me gag.
4. An expression of frustration, disgust, etc. Did I just get a parking ticket? Ugh, barf. She's dating the obnoxious guy from my econ class? Barf.
An expression of frustration or annoyance. Based on the word "barf," a slang term meaning "vomit." Did I just get a parking ticket? Ugh, barfola.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. in. to empty one’s stomach; to vomit. I think I’m going to barf!
2. n. vomit. Is that barf on your shoe?
3. in. [for a computer] to fail to function. My little computer barfs about once a day. Something is wrong.
4. and barfola (bɑrfˈolə) interj. dammit; Good grief! (Often Barfola!) Barfola! You’re out of your mind! When he said “Barf!” I felt wow, so vintage!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.