bare (one's) breast(redirected from bare its breast)
bare (one's) breast
1. To expose oneself in a vulnerable or unguarded position, especially to that which may cause harm or distress. I bare my breast to you, so do as you will. I am at your mercy! He bared his breast to the armed guards to show that he was not a threat.
2. To share with another person one's private emotions and thoughts, especially those that are emotionally troubling or make oneself vulnerable to the other person in some way. I bared my breast to Samantha and told her how much I loved her.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- put (oneself) on the line
- put yourself on the line
- put neck on the line
- put (one's) neck on the line