Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A sausage. Primarily heard in the UK. We're going to have bangers and mash for dinner tonight.
2. The front bumper on a car or other vehicle. My banger got messed up in the accident, but luckily, the rest of my car is OK.
3. slang A hypodermic syringe, as used to inject illegal drugs. In that seedy part of town, you're liable to find bangers discarded by junkies on the sidewalk.
A name for a four-stroke (or four-cycle) engine, as is found in many cars. I need to get my four-banger tuned up one of these days.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. a four-cycle engine. (see also banger.) Your 4-banger shouldn’t be so loud. How’s the muffler?
1. n. the front bumper of a vehicle. (see also 4-banger.) Other than a dent or two in the banger, this buggy’s okay.
2. n. a hypodermic syringe. (Drugs.) Jed dropped his banger and really panicked when it broke.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.