Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun A very enjoyable time. The kids really had a ball at the birthday party—they won't stop talking about it! You should really come to the fair with us. It'll be a ball!
2. noun, vulgar slang A testicle. She kicked the man right in the balls when he tried to grope her in the bar. I heard Tom lost his left ball to cancer last month.
3. verb, vulgar slang To have sex (with someone). I heard they were balling in the back seat of his pickup truck. You're still dating Jenny, right? You ball her yet?
1. vulgar slang The testicles. Yeah, he's not feeling so great after taking that kick to the balls!
2. rude slang Courage, guts, or gumption. Usually, but not exclusively, used in reference to males. It took serious balls to pull off a stunt like that. Wow, you told the boss to go suck an egg? You've got some balls, dude!
3. rude slang Machismo or masculinity. A: "So your new boss is a woman? I bet she's got your balls in a jar, huh?" B: "You're a sexist jerk, Tom." A: "You do all the cooking and cleaning in your house? You need to find your balls, dude!" B: "You're going to die alone."
4. rude slang An exclamation of frustration or disappointment. Balls, I left the tickets at home!
See also: ball
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. the testicles. (Usually objectionable.) He got hit in the balls in the football game.
2. exclam. of disbelief. (Usually an exclamation: Balls! Usually objectionable.) Out of gas! Balls! I just filled it up!
3. n. courage; bravado. (Usually refers to a male, but occasionally refers to female. Usually objectionable.) He doesn’t have enough balls to do that!
See also: ball
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.