Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. verb To arrest someone. After trying to bag these guys for months, we were finally able to bring them into the station tonight.
2. verb To get or obtain something. Hey, when you go to that event, be sure to bag some cupcakes for us!
3. verb In medicine, to use a respirator bag to administer oxygen to a patient who cannot breathe on their own. OK, she's not breathing, so get over here and bag her!
4. verb To die. If you don't call 9-1-1 right now, this guy's going to bag!
5. noun Something that one enjoys. I feel so uncomfortable in a club like this—dancing just isn't my bag.
6. noun An extremely unpleasant woman. Oh, I don't listen to anything the old bag next door has to say anymore.
7. noun A quantity of drugs. How much does a bag of pot cost these days?
1. Arrested or apprehended. Well, I had to go down to the police station this morning because it seems that my son got bagged last night on his way home.
2. Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really bagged!
See also: bag
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. alcohol intoxicated. How can anybody be so bagged on four beers?
2. mod. arrested. “You are bagged,” said the officer, clapping a hand on the suspect’s shoulder.
See also: bag
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.