eat (something or someone) for breakfast(redirected from ate for breakfast)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
eat (something or someone) for breakfast
To defeat someone or succeed at something easily. Often used as part of a boast. He can challenge me all he wants, I'm not worried! I eat chumps like him for breakfast! If anyone can write a term paper in one night, it's Rich—he eats assignments like that for breakfast!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
will eat someone for breakfastand will have someone for breakfast
Fig. will defeat someone thoroughly. Watch out! Those guys are incredibly aggressive. They will eat you for breakfast.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- have (someone or something) for breakfast
- have for breakfast
- have someone for breakfast
- will eat for breakfast
- (one) will eat (someone or something) for breakfast
- (one) will eat (someone or something) for lunch
- (one) will have (someone or something) for breakfast
- brag about
- brag about (someone or something)