Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
rude slang To be overly concerned with small, insignificant details. Primarily heard in US. I asked Molly to proofread our proposal because she's so tight-assed that she'll definitely notice the slightest mistake!
1. rude slang Exposing one's buttocks. Good luck changing his diaper—he loves running around here bare-assed.
2. rude slang Completely naked. I can't believe he ran across the field without a stitch of clothing, completely bare-assed!
rude slang Nervous, ineffectual, or cowardly. Trying to hide from the bully was definitely a candy-assed move, Jimmy!
mod. with a naked posterior exposed; totally naked. (Usually objectionable.) He ran right through the room—totally bare-assed—looking scared as hell.
mod. timid; frightened; cowardly. (Mildly objectionable.) What a candy-assed twit you are!
mod. having large buttocks. (Usually objectionable.) Get your fat-ass self outa my car!
1. mod. wild; exciting. We had a real hairy-ass time on the roller coaster.
2. mod. strong and virile. (Usually objectionable.) This big hairy-ass guy started to push us around.
mod. clumsy; awkward and ineffectual. (Usually objectionable.) She only made a half-ass try at passing the test.
1. mod. sad and depressed. (Usually objectionable.) Man, old Charlie was about the most sorry-ass dude you ever saw.
2. mod. worthless; poor quality. (Usually objectionable.) How much longer do I have to drive this sorry-ass excuse for an automobile?