be not short of a penny (or two)(redirected from aren't short of a penny or two)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
be not short of a penny (or two)
To be exceptionally wealthy; to have no concerns regarding money. A: "I just heard Sarah just lost her job!" B: "Well, her husband's family isn't short of a penny, so I think they'll be just fine." I once dated a guy who, though he was never short of a penny or two, was the most miserly person I'd ever met. He wouldn't even tip when we went out to eat!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- stretch money
- make (one's) money stretch
- the bigger they are, the harder they fall
- the bigger they come, the harder they fall
- the bigger they come/are, the harder they fall
- bigger they are, the harder they fall
- bigger they come, the harder they fall, the
- come off with flying colors
- come through (something) with flying colors
- pass with flying colors