be the world to (one)(redirected from are the world to us)
be the world to (one)
To be ardently loved by or exceptionally important to one. My little daughter is the world to me—I would do absolutely anything for her. Our cats are the world to my boyfriend—he's completely obsessed with them!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
be/mean (ˌall) the ˈworld to somebodybe very important to somebody; be loved very much by somebody: Her job means the world to her. ♢ They’ve only got one child and he’s all the world to them.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- be/mean the world to somebody
- mean the world to (someone)
- think (someone) hung the moon and the stars
- a whale of a
- happy mean
- bigger they are, the harder they fall
- bigger they come, the harder they fall, the
- the bigger they are, the harder they fall
- the bigger they come, the harder they fall
- the bigger they come/are, the harder they fall