be light years away from (something)(redirected from are light-years away from)
be light years away from (something)
In astronomy, a "light year" is a unit of distance equal to 5.878 trillion miles.
1. To be very far away in time from some point or milestone. Usually said of something that is unlikely to happen in the near future. We're still light years away from a technological advancement like that.
2. To be vastly different from something else, especially a technological predecessor. My car is light years away from the one my grandfather had in the 1940s.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- light years away from (something)
- be light years away
- light years away
- into the distance
- put some distance between
- put some distance between (someone or something)
- put some distance between someone and someone/something
- in striking distance (of someone or something)
- within striking distance (of someone or something)