be honored(redirected from are honoured)
To feel very proud about something, often something that someone has bestowed upon one. I'm so honored that you asked me to be your best man. Jill was honored to have won such a prestigious award.
See also: honor
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
be/feel honoured (to do something)feel proud and happy: I was honoured to have been mentioned in his speech.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a/the feel of (something)
- (one) could use (something)
- (someone or something) promises well
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (one) never would have guessed
- all right
- a fast talker
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows