be about to (do something)(redirected from are about to)
be about to (do something)
To be ready to do something; to be going to do something in the next moment. I was just about to put the roast in the oven when the doorbell rang—that's why dinner isn't ready yet. I'm about to go to work, sweetie. Can it wait until tonight?
See also: to
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
be about to do somethingbe going to do something immediately: I was about to phone him when he walked into the room.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
- (something) is the new (something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- (have) got something going (with someone)