Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Vey excited or enthusiastic. Dude, I'm so amped for the concert tonight—I can't wait to finally see my favorite band live!
2. Angry or annoyed. Mom must be pretty amped today because she just yelled at me for no reason.
3. High on drugs, specifically methamphetamines. Emily's behavior was so wild and erratic that I began to wonder if she was amped.
1. Vey excited or enthusiastic. Dude, I'm so amped-up for the concert tonight—I can't wait to finally see my favorite band live!
2. More interesting or exciting. Wow, the plot is definitely amped-up in her most recent edit.
slang Amphetamines, a type of stimulant drug often abused or used recreationally. Emily's behavior was so wild and erratic that I began to wonder if she was on amps.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. high on methamphetamine. She is so amped that she could fly!
2. mod. excited. Don’t get so amped! Chill!
3. mod. angry. I got so amped, I nearly hit him.
n. amphetamines. (Drugs.) I never do any drugs except maybe a few amps now and then, and the odd downer, and maybe a little grass on weekends, but nothing really hard.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.