be light years away(redirected from am light-years away)
be light years away
In astronomy, a "light year" is a unit of distance equal to 5.878 trillion miles.
1. To be very far away in time. Usually said of something that is unlikely to happen in the near future. A major technological advancement like that is still light years away.
2. To be vastly different (from something else). Used especially in comparisons to a technological predecessor. My car is light years away from the one my grandfather had in the 1940s.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- light years away
- light years away from (something)
- be light years away from (something)
- put some distance between
- put some distance between (someone or something)
- put some distance between someone and someone/something
- into the distance
- in striking distance (of someone or something)
- pace (something) off