be in on (something)(redirected from am in on)
be in on (something)
To be participating or involved in something, often something secret or exclusive. The conspiracy ran deep, and several members of the administration were in on it. Wow, that really was a surprise. Were you in on planning this?
See also: on
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
in on, be
Also, get in on. Be or become a participant; be or become one of a group who have information. For example, Is she in on our secret? or I'd like to get in on this venture. [c. 1920] Also see barge in on; ground floor (get in on the); in good with.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
be in onbe privy to a secret.
See also: on
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- a thing of the past
- a slew of (something)