afraid of own shadow
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
afraid of (one's) own shadow
Easily scared; jumpy; timid. Everyone was surprised that Janice led the meeting with confidence, as she normally seems afraid of her own shadow. Please don't take my sister to a haunted house on Halloween—she's afraid of her own shadow.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
afraid of one's own shadow
Fig. easily frightened; always frightened, timid, or suspicious. (An exaggeration.) After Tom was robbed, he was even afraid of his own shadow.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- afraid of (one's) own shadow
- afraid of one's own shadow
- afraid of your own shadow
- be afraid of (one's) (own) shadow
- be frightened of (one's) (own) shadow
- be frightened/nervous/scared of your own shadow
- be nervous of (one's) (own) shadow
- be scared of (one's) (own) shadow
- scare (one) out of (one's) wits
- scare the wits out of (one)