References in classic literature ?
It has been delightful to me to watch his advances towards intimacy, especially to observe his altered manner in consequence of my repressing by the cool dignity of my deportment his insolent approach to direct familiarity.
Surveying more than 300-million-years of evolutionary development as it relates to the skin of homo sapiens, "Skin" addresses the critical role skin plays in human health (including processing sunlight for Vitamin D), the role of melanin in protecting us from the sun's rays, and the advances toward to the creation of artificial skin, gene therapies, reversing the aging process of skin, and other fascinating issues related to our skin.
The sergeant made advances toward Myles and ``committed an act that was sexual in nature,'' Goldstein said.
Alex's sense of innocence changes in Grade 8 when she befriends the new girl Stacy, who tells everyone that their teacher, Simon, is making sexual advances toward Alex and herself.
At sunrise, a large crowd advances toward wooden barricades erected to protect storefronts and bystanders.
For her, early efforts at moving assembly-line production in meatpacking and canning represent the only bona fide advances toward the rational factory in the first stages of American industrialization (in this respect, the author also ignores certain assembly-line aspects of gun manufacture in her discussion of the development of interchangeable parts production techniques).
But advances toward the goal of fusion-generated electricity are getting ever more expensive.
On at least one occasion, Moses said, ``the defendant made inappropriate sexual advances toward the victim.
By combining our proprietary PHOLED technology with our novel organic vapor phase deposition technology, we hope to demonstrate meaningful advances toward these requisite performance targets, thereby opening up new opportunities for the commercial use of OLEDs by the lighting industry.
Romando said he acted in self-defense after Simes made sexual advances toward him.
The Foresight Institute Feynman Prizes are awarded to those making significant advances toward that end," said Christine Peterson, Co-Founder and Vice President of Foresight Nanotech Institute.
Romando had maintained that he acted in self-defense after Simes, 41, made sexual advances toward him.
The drilling program is designed to explore new and previously discovered areas near the main bed and to ascertain the extent of the structure to help in directing the route of the decline as it advances toward lower levels of the mine.
In the lawsuit, Jennings said she was encouraged to drink alcohol as an underage recruit and Keller said Dorrance twice made uninvited sexual advances toward her.
The 66-year-old Oregon Republican was accused of making unwanted sexual advances toward women.
Idioms browser ?
- adore (one) for
- adore for doing
- adore for having
- adorn (someone or something) with (something)
- adorn with
- adrenaline junkie
- adrenaline rush
- adulterate (something) with
- adulterate with
- adulterous behavior
- advance (something) to
- advance (up)on
- advance notice
- advance on
- advance to
- advance toward
- advanced in years
- advances toward
- advertise for
- advise (one) about
- advise (one) against
- advise (one) of
- advise (one) on
- advise about
- advise against
- advise against doing
- advise of
- advise on
- aesthetically challenged
- affable personality
- affiliate with
- affinity for
- affirmative action
Full browser ?
- Advances in Knowledge Organization
- Advances in Marine Ecosystem Modelling Research
- Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies
- Advances in Mathematical Fluid Mechanics
- Advances in Mathematics
- Advances in Modal Logic
- Advances in Model Based Testing
- Advances in Nursing Science
- Advances in Optical Imaging and Photon Migration
- Advances In Osteoporosis
- Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models
- Advances in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Advances in Photorefractive Materials, Effects and Devices
- Advances in Polar Upper Atmosphere Research
- Advances in Policy Enforcement
- Advances in Power System Control Operation and Management
- Advances in Psychiatric Treatment
- Advances in Radio Frequency Identification
- Advances in Renal Replacement Therapy
- Advances in Resist Materials and Processing Technolgy
- Advances in Sea Cucumber Aquaculture and Management
- Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining
- Advances in Strategic Management
- Advances in Synthetic, Combinatorial and Medicinal Chemistry
- Advances in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Advances in Web-Based Learning
- Advances Mechanical Engineering
- advances on
- Advances Through International Research and Analysis
- advances to
- advances toward
- advances upon
- advancing blade
- Advancing Blade Concept
- Advancing Canadian Agriculture and Agri-Food Program
- Advancing Churches in Missions Commitment
- Advancing Claim Excellence
- Advancing Claims Excellence
- Advancing Communities for Youth
- Advancing Data Resources, Inc.
- Advancing Development Cooperation Opportunities in the Hemisphere
- Advancing Development Engineering Leveraging Increased Automation
- Advancing edge
- Advancing Enterprise Ltd
- Advancing Excellence in Technological Literacy
- advancing fire
- Advancing Gerontological Education in Nursing
- Advancing Human Rights
- Advancing Independence Modernizing Medicare and Medicaid
- Advancing Issue
- Advancing Issue
- Advancing Issues
- Advancing Issues
- Advancing Knowledge Transforming Lives
- advancing longwall