References in classic literature ?
It has been delightful to me to watch his advances towards intimacy, especially to observe his altered manner in consequence of my repressing by the cool dignity of my deportment his insolent approach to direct familiarity.
The significant advances toward national suicide already accomplished by the European Union are likewise being planned for the entire Western Hemisphere via the proposed Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA).
Alex's sense of innocence changes in Grade 8 when she befriends the new girl Stacy, who tells everyone that their teacher, Simon, is making sexual advances toward Alex and herself.
If he is allowed to reemerge after the departure of international forces, he would instantly repolarize Bosnia and unravel all the hard-won advances toward reform and reconciliation.
A former Wal-Mart employee had his $80,000 damage award overturned in 2001 because the court of appeals ruled that his supervisor's "vulgar and offensive" conduct was not discriminatory: He was "obnoxious to men and women alike." In an earlier Indiana case, a boss who allegedly made sexual advances toward both a male and a female employee, and retaliated against them for not complying, was exonerated on similar grounds-which leads to the mindboggling conclusion that bisexuals have a license to harass.
At sunrise, a large crowd advances toward wooden barricades erected to protect storefronts and bystanders.
Thousands of black men had been lynched since the Civil War, most for alleged sexual advances toward white women.
But as the museum continues to catalogue the 600-odd capsules and advances toward archiving them in an online database, the monstrosity of Warhol's crap could become hypertext guru Ted Nelson's Xanadu dream, a machine that forgets by remembering everything.
For her, early efforts at moving assembly-line production in meatpacking and canning represent the only bona fide advances toward the rational factory in the first stages of American industrialization (in this respect, the author also ignores certain assembly-line aspects of gun manufacture in her discussion of the development of interchangeable parts production techniques).
It has long been an open secret that Michael liked guys; I remember watching him make advances toward a friend of mine a decade ago in a New York nightclub and thinking, I guess that's more than just a rumor.
Special Meetings-The seminar "Advances Toward Control of the Cupola" was held September 25-26,1990.
But advances toward the goal of fusion-generated electricity are getting ever more expensive.
The ISIL terrorists further retreated towards unleveled areas in Badiyeh of Sweida after the army's rapid advances toward Taloul al-Safa.
Cincinnati, OH, was the site of the second annual "Advances toward Control of the Cupola" conference held Sep 25-26.
Mrs Whitfield-Sharp has denied making the comments, and has accused the trooper of making sexual advances toward her.
Idioms browser ?
- adore for having
- adorn (someone or something) with (something)
- adorn with
- adrenaline junkie
- adrenaline rush
- adulterate (something) with (something)
- adulterate with
- adulterous behavior
- advance (something) to (one)
- advance (up)on (something or some place)
- advance notice
- advance on
- advance the ball
- advance to
- advance toward (something or some place)
- advanced in years
- advances toward
- advertise for
- advertise for (someone or something)
- advise (one) about (something)
- advise (one) against (something)
- advise (one) of (something)
- advise (one) on (something)
- advise about
- advise against
- advise against (something)
- advise against doing
- advise of
- advise on
- aesthetically challenged
- affable personality
Full browser ?
- Advances in Modal Logic
- Advances in Model Based Testing
- Advances in Neuroimmune Biology
- Advances in Nursing Science
- Advances in Optical Imaging and Photon Migration
- Advances In Osteoporosis
- Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models
- Advances in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Advances in Photorefractive Materials, Effects and Devices
- Advances in Polar Upper Atmosphere Research
- Advances in Policy Enforcement
- Advances in Power System Control Operation and Management
- Advances in Psychiatric Treatment
- Advances in Radio Frequency Identification
- Advances in Renal Replacement Therapy
- Advances in Resist Materials and Processing Technolgy
- Advances in RFID
- Advances in Robot Kinematics
- Advances in Sea Cucumber Aquaculture and Management
- Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining
- Advances in Strategic Management
- Advances in Synthetic, Combinatorial and Medicinal Chemistry
- Advances in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Advances in Water Resources
- Advances in Web-Based Learning
- Advances Mechanical Engineering
- advances on
- advances the ball
- Advances Through International Research and Analysis
- advances to
- advances toward
- advances upon
- Advancing and Recognizing Quality
- advancing blade
- Advancing Blade Concept
- Advancing Canadian Agriculture and Agri-Food Program
- Advancing Churches in Missions Commitment
- Advancing Claim Excellence
- Advancing Claims Excellence
- Advancing Communities for Youth
- Advancing Data Resources, Inc.
- Advancing Development Cooperation Opportunities in the Hemisphere
- Advancing Development Engineering Leveraging Increased Automation
- Advancing Digitization of Biodiversity Collections
- Advancing edge
- Advancing Enterprise Ltd
- Advancing Excellence in Technological Literacy
- advancing fire
- Advancing Gerontological Education in Nursing
- Advancing Human Rights
- Advancing Independence Modernizing Medicare and Medicaid
- Advancing Issue
- Advancing Issue
- Advancing Issues
- Advancing Issues