rug(redirected from a rug)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
slang A toupee, wig, or hairpiece. If he thinks he looks better with that ridiculous rug on his head, he's delusional. I always told myself I would shave my head if I ever started going bald. I swore I would never wear a rug.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. a wig or toupee. (see also divot.) I wear just a little rug to cover up a shiny spot.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- be (as) snug as a bug in a rug
- brush (something) under the rug
- call on the carpet
- cut a rug
- lie like a rug
- pull the carpet (out) from under (one's) feet
- pull the carpet/rug out from under somebody's feet
- pull the rug
- pull the rug (out) from under (someone)
- pull the rug (out) from under (someone's) feet
- pull the rug from under
- pull the rug from under someone/something
- pull the rug out
- pull the rug out (from (under) one)
- pull the rug out from under
- pull the rug out from under (someone), to
- rug rat
- rug up
- sky rug
- snug as a bug (in a rug)
- snug as a bug in a rug
- sweep (something) under the rug
- sweep (something) under the rug, to
- sweep something under the rug
- sweep under the rug
- under the rug