rat run(redirected from a rat run)
A minor roadway, usually one that passes through a residential area, that is used as a bypass for drivers who wish to avoid traffic on larger roads or motorways. The road works over on Broadway have made our street into a rat run, so be sure to keep a close eye on your kids with all these cars zipping by.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- if wishes were horses, (then) beggars might ride
- if wishes were horses, beggars would/might ride
- If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride
- if wishes were horses, (then) beggars would ride
- if wishes were horses, beggars would ride
- don't you wish
- Don't you wish!
- wish on
- wish on (someone or something)
- wish upon