nad(redirected from a nad)
slang A shortening of "grenade," used primarily in reference to video games. A: "Yo, we need help over here!" B: "OK, you guys get back, I'll lob a couple nades into the room where they're camped out!"
1. vulgar slang The testicles. I kicked the mugger in the nads and grabbed my wallet back. He grabbed his nads in a lewd gesture to the crowd.
2. rude slang Confidence, self-esteem, motivation, etc. Often but not always said of a man. You've got nads standing up to them like that, man. He doesn't have the nads to try a plan that bold.
See also: nad
vulgar slang A testicle. Usually written in the plural. Short for "gonad." Poor Tom's just got one nad left after his bout with cancer. I kicked the mugger in the nads and grabbed my wallet back from him.
1. An initialism of "nothing abnormal discovered/detected." The attending physician noted the patient's pain but NAD in terms of any physical causes thereof.
2. An initialism of "no acute distress." Doctors and nurses must ensure that patients have NAD following surgery before they are discharged from the hospital.
3. An initialism of "nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide," a coenzyme. The physician concluded that the congenital malformations were due to a deficiency of NAD.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. the testicles. (see also nards.) He got hit in the nads in the football game.
See also: nad
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.