a little green(redirected from a little bit green)
a little green
1. Having little or no experience in a given field, specialty, or skill. It refers to the color of young vegetation, which has not fully matured. I know the new apprentice is a little green, but I think she'll do just fine in the position. Of course he's a little green—he's 21 years old! How much business experience could he possibly have? The interns are pretty green, but I think they're going to be quick learners.
2. Having a slightly sickly appearance, as from nausea. Are you alright? You're looking a little green. Bobby looked a little green as he came staggering off the rollercoaster. I was more than a little green after that boat ride. It's a miracle I didn't throw up on the docks!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- take the Browns to the Super Bowl
- it ain't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it ain't/it's not over till the fat lady sings
- it isn't over till the fat lady sings
- it isn't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it isn't over until the fat lady sings
- thin out
- (one) just doesn't get it
- built like a Mack Truck
- caviar to the general