hustler(redirected from a hustler)
Someone who is apt to eavesdrop or gossip. Let's postpone this discussion until a later time—some people in the office are known ear hustlers. Janet's definitely an ear hustler—if you tell her you're pregnant, everyone will know by noon.
1. slang Someone who deceives and swindles others. Rich is a known hustler—don't believe a word he says.
2. slang A skilled player of a game who hides their abilities in order to beat opponents and win money from them. Most often refers to pool players. I've seen that guy play before, man—he's a real hustler.
3. slang A prostitute. I bet you'll be able to find a hustler in a seedy part of town like this.
4. slang A man who is particularly skilled at becoming acquainted with women, with the aim of having sexual or romantic encounters with them. I'm no hustler, but at least I've successfully picked up a woman from a bar, unlike you losers.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. someone who gossips. You cowardly ear hustler! Can’t you mind your own business?
1. n. a gambler in a pool hall. He made a lot of money as a hustler.
2. n. a swindler; a con artist. The chick is a real hustler. I wouldn’t trust her at all.
3. n. a prostitute. A lot of hustlers are hooked on horse.
4. n. a stud; a man who is notoriously good with women. He thinks he’s a hustler. The chicks think he’s a wimp.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.