hoser(redirected from a hoser)
1. An unsophisticated, oafish man. The term is uniquely associated with Canada, possibly because it was popularized by Canadian sketch comedy show Second City Television. He's no captain of industry, he's just some hoser from Yellowknife! Be careful not to break anything in here, you hoser!
2. By extension, a Canadian. A: "This is the hoser, huh? I bet he loves hockey and Tim Horton's!" B: "Well, I moved to the US when I was 10, but sure, go on with your stereotypes."
3. Someone who engages in deception or trickery. Can you believe that hoser tried to dupe me with a forged letter?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a good guy or buddy. (Probably the same allusion as fucker.) Old Fred is a good hoser. He’ll help.
2. n. a cheater or deceiver. You dirty lying hoser!
3. n. a moron; a stupid acting person. (Rude and derogatory.) Come here, you hoser. I’ll show you how to do it.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.