honk(redirected from a honk)
1. verb, slang To vomit. Geez, I thought I was going to honk out on that boat—I felt so seasick!
2. verb, slang To have a foul smell. Primarily heard in UK, Australia. That trash is honking, man—better take it out now.
3. verb, slang To consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Please don't honk if you end up going to the bar tonight—I can't deal with you being hungover all weekend.
4. noun, slang A foul smell. Primarily heard in UK, Australia. The honk on trash day in the summertime is just unbearable.
honk at (someone or something)
To sound a horn at someone or something. Why is that jerk honking at me? It's a red light—no one can go yet!
To irritate, annoy, or infuriate someone. A noun or pronoun can be used between "honk" and "off." It really honks me off when people cut in front of me on the road like that! You're going to honk off your customers even more if you don't issue some sort of official apology for the incident.
slang To vomit. A noun or pronoun can be used between "honk" and "up." When I had food poisoning, I felt like I honked up everything I'd ever eaten in my life.
slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were totally honked!
slang Very large. Geez, I just wanted a taste! What am I supposed to do with such a honkin' piece of cake?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
honk at someone or something
to sound a horn at someone or something. Is someone honking at me? The motorists honked at the sheep that were clogging the roadway.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. n. a drinking spree; a toot. Jed’s last honk lasted nearly a week.
2. n. a white male; a honky. (Black. Not necessarily derogatory.) There are mainly honks where I work.
3. in. to vomit. (Onomatopoetic.) I can hear someone in the john honking like mad.
4. tv. to vomit something. He honked up his whole pizza.
mod. alcohol intoxicated. Willy was too honked to stand up. Man, is he honkers!
mod. huge. She showed up with this great, honking jock who keep eating with his hands!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.