hog(redirected from a hog)
slang A large motorcycle, often a Harley-Davidson. I can't wait to get my hog out on the open road and feel the wind in my hair.
To take or use something all for oneself; to not allow others to have or use something. Hey buddy, quit hogging the road! My wife always hogs the covers at night.
See also: hog
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. and hog cadillac n. a large car; a souped up car. (see also road hog.) How do you like my new hog? Where are you going to park that hog cadillac.
2. n. a police officer; a pig. The hogs are on to you.
3. n. an addict who requires very large doses to sustain the habit. (Drugs.) Ernie is turning into a hog. He just can’t get enough.
4. n. phencyclidine (PCP), an animal tranquilizer. (Drugs.) We’re glad to learn that the demand for hog is tapering off.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) accommodating as a hog on ice
- (as) useless as tits on a boar hog
- (as) worthless as tits on a boar (hog)
- a road hog
- as accommodating as a hog on ice
- ball hog
- be living high on the hog
- call hogs
- cut a fat hog
- eat high off the hog
- eat high on the hog
- even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then
- go (the) whole hog
- go hog wild
- go hog wild, to
- go hog-wild
- go the whole hog
- go whole hog
- high off the hog
- high off the hog, eat
- high off the hog, to eat/live
- high on the hog
- hog (something)
- hog cadillac
- hog in armor
- hog in armour
- hog leg
- hog on ice
- hog out
- hog out (on something)
- hog wild
- in hog heaven
- independent as a hog on ice
- know as much about (something) as a hog knows about Sunday
- know as much about as a hog knows about Sunday
- know no more about (something) than a hog knows about Sunday
- live high off the hog
- live high on the hog
- not know any more about (something) than a hog knows about Sunday
- road hog
- sewer hog
- tits on a boar hog
- whole hog, the/to go