hit man(redirected from a hit man)
Someone who is hired to kill someone; a professional assassin. The woman was arrested when the hit man she tried to hire turned out to be an undercover police officer.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a hired killer. (Underworld.) Sam was the perfect hit man. Hardly any brains or conscience.
2. n. a man hired by a helpless addict to inject drugs. (see also pinch hitter.) Harry the Horse refuses to be a hit man. He says that’s not what he does best.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)