gut-bucket(redirected from a gutbucket)
1. offensive slang A derogatory term for a fat or obese person. We left the bar when we realized it was seedy and filled with nothing but old gut-buckets looking for easy women.
2. A free-spirited style of jazz or blues music. The band surprised the audience by playing a few of their songs in a gut-bucket style.
3. A stringed instrument used in folk music that is made from a metal washtub . Grandpop brought out his old gut-bucket and started playing folk songs beside the fire.
1. n. a chamber pot, especially one used in a prison cell. (see also gash bucket.) You got something around here I can use as a gutbucket?
2. n. a toilet; a makeshift toilet. Where’s the gutbucket around here?
3. n. the stomach. Sam poked Pete right in the gutbucket.
4. n. a fat person, usually a man. Look at the gutbucket waddling down the street.
5. n. a cheap saloon; a low tavern. his head off. The pinstriper needed a drink so bad he stopped at one of those gutbuckets on Maple Street.
6. n. an earthy style of music. You don’t hear much gutbucket in public places these days.