goose(redirected from a goose)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun, informal A foolish or silly person. Often used as a playful term of address. Oh, Daddy, you're such a silly goose!
2. noun, slang A prank in which a finger is poked on or between someone's buttocks. Ack! Don't give me a goose, you pervert!
3. verb, slang To poke one's fingers on or between someone's buttocks as a prank. There has been a big problem with boys trying to goose each other in the locker rooms.
4. verb, slang To rev (a motor). The guy in the car next to me kept goosing his engine while we waited for the light to change.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a silly oaf; an oaf. Oh, I’m such a silly goose!
2. tv. to (attempt to) poke something, such as a finger, in someone’s anus. Freddy tried to goose me!
3. n. an attempt to goose someone. (As in sense 2) He tried to give me a goose.
4. tv. to rev up an engine; to press down hard on the accelerator of a car. Why don’t you goose the thing and see how fast it’ll go?
5. n. an act of suddenly pressing down the accelerator of a car. Give it a good goose and see what happens.
mod. wearing bullet proof vest containing goose down. He’s goosed and ready for whatever bullets come his way.
See also: goose
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) loose as a goose
- (as) silly as a goose
- (one's) goose is cooked
- (you) silly goose
- a goner
- a goose egg
- a wigwam for a goose's bridle
- a wild goose chase
- a wild goose never laid a tame egg
- can't say boo to a goose
- cook (one's) goose
- cook goose
- cook somebody's goose
- cook someone's goose
- cook someone's goose, to
- cook your goose
- get goose bumps
- get goose flesh
- get goose pimples
- go on a wild goose chase
- golden goose
- gone coon, a
- gone goose
- goose bumps
- goose egg
- goose flesh
- goose pimples
- goose up
- have goose bumps
- he, she, etc. wouldn't say boo to a goose
- Kill the goose that lays the golden egg
- kill the goose that lays the golden egg(s)
- kill the goose that lays the golden eggs
- like shit through a goose
- loose as a goose
- not say boo to a goose
- one's goose is cooked
- sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, what's
- send (one) on a wild goose chase
- send on a wild-goose chase
- shoe the goose
- silly as a goose
- silver goose
- the golden goose
- the goose hangs high
- the old woman is plucking her goose
- what's good for the goose is good for the gander
- what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
- wild goose chase
- wild goose chase, a
- wild-goose chase
- wouldn't say boo to a goose