gonzo(redirected from a gonzo)
1. adjective, slang Of journalistic works, especially first person accounts, highly subjective and over-the-top, in contrast to a traditional style characterized by impartiality and detachment. Her gonzo coverage of the convention has more truth in it than most of the mainstream reporting.
2. adjective, slang Wildly enthusiastic (for someone or something). I've never understood that pop star's popularity, but kids just go gonzo over her.
3. adjective, slang Very exaggerated. That's a gonzo rumor, if you ask me—I don't believe it at all.
4. noun, slang Someone who is wacky or foolish. Don't pay attention to that gonzo's wild notions.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a silly or foolish person. Some gonzo is on the phone asking for the president of the universe.
2. mod. crazy. Who drew this gonzo picture of me?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.