go-go(redirected from a gogo)
Also found in: Dictionary.
1. noun A genre of funk and soul music that originated in the 1970s in Washington, D.C. Guitarist Chuck Brown is closely associated with the origins of go-go.
2. noun A venue or event where patrons can dance to such music, similar to a discotheque. Here's an old photo of your mother about to go to a go-go—look at that outfit!
3. noun A style of dance typically performed at a club or other such venue by women wearing revealing clothing, often for the purpose of sexual titillation. Can you believe that Aunt Irene used to dance go-go back in the '60s?
4. adjective Describing or pertaining to this style of dance. Can you believe that Aunt Irene was a go-go dancer in the '60s?
5. adjective, slang Energetic or dynamic. Katie is one of those go-go types who just amazes me with her boundless enthusiasm.
6. adjective, slang Apt to grow or expand quickly, as of a business or field. Don't invest in a go-go start-up like this—it's not stable enough.
1. mod. having to do with fast-dancing young women on display in a nightclub. Those go-go places have mostly changed their style.
2. mod. vigorous; energetic; frantically moving. (Extended from sense 1) I bought some silly go-go stock, and it collapsed immediately.