furball(redirected from a fur-ball)
1. An animal, usually a pet. I can't wait to get home—I hate to be away from my furballs for long!
2. A clump of hair or fur, as coughed up by a cat. Also called a "hairball." Gross, it looks like Fluffy coughed up a furball on the rug.
1. Literally, a clump of hair or fur, as coughed up by a cat. Also called a "furball." Gross, it looks like Fluffy coughed up a hairball on the rug.
2. Something that is in a state of disorder or confusion. I thought relocating these files would be a straightforward process, but it's turned into a real hairball.
3. Someone who is irritating or obnoxious, especially when drunk. If I get hit on at all, it'll just be by some loud hairball who'll spill half his drink on me. No thanks.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. and furball n. an obnoxious person. I wish that the guys I date didn’t always turn out to be hairballs. Shut up, you skanky furball!
2. exclam. How awful! (Usually Hairball! An exclamation of disgust. From the name of the undigested mass of fur vomited by a cat.) Hairball! I did it wrong again!
3. n. a mess; something difficult or unpleasant. My life has become a hairball. I can’t go on.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.