fuck(redirected from a fuck)
1. verb, vulgar slang To have sex (with someone), especially without love or intimacy.
2. verb, rude slang Used as an imperative to express utter contempt, disdain, or disregard for someone or something. A: "Get out of here, pal." B: "I have every right to be here, so fuck you!" Man, fuck this. I'm sick and tired of this dead-end job. A: "What about our customers? Won't this put their investments in jeopardy?" B: "Maybe, but it benefits us—so fuck 'em."
3. verb, rude slang To con, swindle, cheat, or unfairly deprive one; to put one at a disadvantage or in a difficult position, especially in an unfair or selfish manner. We should have won that game, but the referee really fucked us! Tom totally fucked us when he quit in the middle of the project!
4. noun, vulgar slang Sexual intercourse. It's been nearly four months. I'm in dire need of a good fuck. If you're just looking for a quick fuck, then you need to look elsewhere, buddy. I ain't that kind of gal.
5. noun, vulgar slang A sexual partner as an object of gratification. Would you look at his body? I bet he's an amazing fuck.
6. noun, rude slang Any amount at all (of something). Used in negative constructions. I don't give a fuck if you're OK with my decision or not. It's my decision to make.
7. intensifier, rude slang Used with question words as a means of expressing one's extreme puzzlement, incredulity, indignation, etc. Just what the fuck were you thinking? Where the fuck did you get the money for all this stuff? Why in the fuck would I let you borrow my car for the weekend?
8. intensifier, rude slang Used with adverbials as a means of expressing one's extreme anger, indignation, exasperation, etc. I've heard enough out of you. Get the fuck out of my office before I call the police. Watch where the fuck you're going, man! Oh, shut the fuck up already, Mark. I'm so sick of your bullshit.
9. interjection, rude slang An exclamation of anger, indignation, irritation, or exasperation. A: "Fuck!" B: "What happened?" A: "I dropped my plate and it smashed on the ground!" The motor just burnt out on this mower again! Fuck!
10. interjection, rude slang Used to intensify or punctuate any extreme emotion, whether positive or negative. A: "I think the boss found out about the missing money." B: "Oh fuck, oh fuck! What am I going to do?" Fuck, this burger is delicious! Seriously, I've never had such a tasty burger in my life! Fuck, I have to go—I left the oven on at home!
rude slang An expression of extreme frustration with a situation indicating that one has decided to no longer care about it or give it any attention. Fuck it, I don't need this kind of aggravation in my life—I'm leaving! Fuck it, I give up!
1. rude slang An exclamation of frustration or exasperation. Ugh, I can't believe I got a parking ticket tonight. Fuck me!
2. vulgar slang An invitation to have sex with the speaker.
rude slang A forceful expression of anger, dismissal, or contempt directed at someone. I have every right to be here, so fuck you!
1. noun, vulgar slang Sexual intercourse, especially done without love or intimacy. I'm keen to get some good fucking, now that I'm single again. The whole movie was just a bunch of fucking with occasional dialogue sprinkled in between.
2. noun, rude slang An act of severe or unfair maltreatment. Man, we got a real fucking on our tax bill this year.
3. noun, rude slang Used to express intense contempt, disdain, or disregard for someone or something. Get out of the way, you fucking idiot! This fucking computer is driving me crazy. This is the fourth time it's crashed today!
4. adverb, rude slang Used as an intensifier of some modifier, whether good or bad. Wow, that roller coaster was fucking awesome! Let's go on it again! This is so fucking stupid. Why am I even taking this class?
5. affix, rude slang Used colloquially in the middle of a word or phrase to add emphasis. (Set off by hyphens if used in the middle of a single word.) A: "Will you be at the party tomorrow?" B: "Abso-fucking-lutely!" This is New Fucking York, and no one messes with us! This is un-fucking-acceptable.
1. intensifier, rude slang Used with question words as a means of expressing one's extreme puzzlement, incredulity, indignation, etc. Just what the fuck were you thinking? Where the fuck did you get the money for all this stuff? Why in the fuck would I let you borrow my car for the weekend?
2. intensifier, rude slang Used with adverbials as a means of expressing one's extreme anger, indignation, exasperation, etc. I've heard enough out of you. Get the fuck out of my office before I call the police. Watch where the fuck you're going, man! Oh, shut the fuck up already, Mark. I'm so sick of your bullshit.
3. intensifier, rude slang Used before verbs to convey one's impassioned denial, refusal, or rejection of something. A: "It's my money, and I'll spend it at the bookies if I damn well please!" B: "The fuck you will! We've got kids to feed and bills to pay!" A: "You're going to be spending tomorrow volunteering with the festival cleanup crew." B: "The fuck I am! No way am I spending my Saturday picking up garbage!"
4. interjection, rude slang An exclamation of extreme shock, surprise, or confusion. A shortening of "What the fuck?" They said they're going to cut our pay in half next month!" B: "The fuck? They can't do that!" A: "When I turned around, the whole stack of cinderblocks was gone!" B: "The fuck? Who could have stolen that many cinderblocks in such a short amount of time, and why?"
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Also get fucked; go fuck yourself. A curse meaning "go to hell." For example, Fuck you-go get your own dinner! or Get out of here, get fucked! or, as John Dos Passos had it in 1919 (1931): "Joe got sore and told him to go fuck himself." The first and third of these vulgar curses date from the late 1800s, and the second from about 1950. Also see give the finger.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. tv. & in. to copulate [with] someone. (Taboo. Usually objectionable. It should be noted that English does not have a one-word, standard, transitive verb for this act. All expressions with the same meaning are phrases, slang, or colloquial. See the complete list of all entries with fuck in the Index of Hidden Key Words.) They want to fuck all night.
2. n. an act of copulation. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) I need a fuck.
3. n. a person with whom one can copulate. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) Man, he’s a good fuck if I ever saw one.
4. n. semen. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) Clean up that fuck before somebody sees it!
5. exclam. an exclamation of anger or exasperation. (Usually (Oh,) fuck! Taboo. Usually objectionable.) Oh, fuck! I’m outa beer.
mod. damnable; lousy; cursed. (Taboo. Usually objectionable.) Get that fucking idiot out of here!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- as fuck
- buttfuck nowhere
- cluster fuck
- down to fuck
- flying fuck
- for fuck's sake
- fuck (all) y'all
- fuck (one's) brains out
- fuck (one's) mind (up)
- Fuck a dog!
- fuck a duck
- Fuck a duck!
- fuck about
- fuck all
- fuck around
- fuck around with (someone or something)
- fuck around with someone
- fuck buddy
- fuck bunny
- fuck freak
- fuck if I know
- fuck it
- fuck it all
- Fuck it all!
- Fuck it!
- fuck it, shit happens, drive on
- Fuck it, shit happens, move on
- fuck knows
- fuck like bunnies
- fuck me
- fuck my life
- fuck nut
- fuck off
- fuck over
- fuck puppet
- fuck someone around
- fuck someone over
- fuck someone/something up
- fuck someone’s mind
- fuck someone’s mind up
- fuck something up
- fuck the dog
- fuck this/that
- fuck this/that for a game of soldiers
- fuck this/that noise
- fuck this/that shit
- fuck up
- fuck with (someone or something)
- fuck with someone
- fuck with something
- fuck you
- fuck you and the horse you came in on
- fuck you and the horse you rode in on
- Fuck you!
- fuck you, Jack, I'm all right
- fucked by the fickle finger of fate
- fucked off
- fucked out
- fucked over
- fucked up
- fuck-me boots
- get fucked
- get the fuck out
- give a fuck
- give a fuck about (someone or something)
- give a fuck about someone/something
- give a shit about someone/something
- go fuck yourself
- Go fuck yourself!
- holy fuck
- honey fuck
- I don't give a fuck
- If that don’t fuck all!
- if that don't fuck all
- mercy fuck
- no fucks given
- not here to fuck spiders
- shut the fuck up
- sweet fuck all
- the fuck
- two tears in a bucket(, fuck it)
- what the actual fuck
- What the devil?
- what the fuck
- zero fucks given