fag(redirected from a fag)
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. slang A cigarette. Primarily heard in UK. Hey mate, I think he's outside smoking a fag.
2. offensive slang A shortening of "faggot," a derogatory term for a homosexual male.
offensive slang The act of attacking a male, either physically or verbally, for being homosexual. "Fag" is short for "faggot," a derogatory term for a homosexual male.
offensive slang A woman who spends time with or has many gay male friends. The phrase is usually used in a derogatory way.
See also: fag
1. To become exhausted or fatigued. I fagged out after climbing just a couple flights of stairs, so I knew it was time to start exercising more. I'd say we've only got a couple more hours before the horses fag out, so we'd better find a place to make camp soon.
2. To cause one to become exhausted or fatigued. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "fag" and "out." Whew, running all those errands totally fagged me out—I'm ready for a nap!
3. dated In school sports, especially cricket, to fetch stray balls at the behest of an older student. Primarily heard in UK. Percy always chooses an underclassman to come fag out for him at the cricket pitch.
Tired or exhausted. Whew, I'm totally fagged-out from running all those errands—I'm ready for a nap!
the fag-end of (something)
The last and worst, worn-out, or worthless part of something, often a period of time. In this phrase, "fag" originates from a word for the frayed end of a rope of piece of cloth. Primarily heard in UK, Australia. It's the fag-end of the semester, so the students are done with their tests and uninterested in learning anything new.
See also: of
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
fag someone out
Sl. to tire someone out. All that work really fagged me out. The hard climb fagged the hikers out.
Sl. exhausted. I'm really fagged out after all that running. John, you sure look fagged out.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. n. a cigarette. Hey, pal, gimme a fag.
2. and faggot n. a homosexual. (Derogatory.) Who’s the fag with the fancy hat? Who’re you calling a faggot?
3. n. a repellent male. (Rude and derogatory.) You creepy fag. Stop it!
fag someone out
tv. to tire someone out. All that work really fagged me out.
n. doing violence to homosexuals. (Usually objectionable.) He was involved in a fag-busting incident that got him kicked out of school. What’s this strange need you have for fag-bashing? What’s your problem?
mod. exhausted. I’m really fagged out after all that running.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.