crap(redirected from a crap)
1. verb, vulgar slang To defecate. The medicine is helping with the pain, but it makes me crap like crazy!
2. verb, vulgar slang To defecate while in or wearing (something). I couldn't reach a toilet in time and ended up crapping my pants. She was so drunk that she crapped the bed in her sleep.
3. noun, vulgar slang Feces. Your dog took a crap on my lawn again, Jerry!
4. noun, rude slang Something utterly untrue or wildly exaggerated. Don't give me that crap, Tom. I know you've been taking money from the register. Her entire speech was just a load of crap from start to finish.
5. noun, rude slang Ridiculous nonsense. Used to express frustration, exasperation, or disgust. You mean we have to come in to work on Saturday, too? God, what a bunch of crap! This is crap! The teacher marked me down a whole letter grade just because I used 14-point font on my essay.
6. noun, rude slang Useless, worthless, or undesirable items. I've got so much crap cluttering up my office right now. Will you please go up and clear all that crap out of the attic this weekend? I can't believe they charged $20 for this crap. It broke after less than a week!
7. noun, rude slang Something harmful to a person, such as drugs or chemicals. How long has Tom been using that crap? We've got to get him into rehab! You don't want to know how much crap they put into the processed food we buy.
8. noun, rude slang The smallest or most trivial amount possible; anything at all. Used in negative constructions. I bought this thing for $500 when it first came out, but it isn't worth crap now. He doesn't know crap about managing a store, so why the hell did they put him in charge? I don't give a crap if he's busy—get him on the phone right now, Karen!
9. noun, rude slang Completely worthless or unenjoyable. What a crap play. The writing was awful, the acting was atrocious, and it was so boring that I nearly fell asleep halfway through!
10. interjection, rude slang Used to express sudden panic, anger, irritation, or exasperation. A: "I think the boss found out about the missing money." B: "Crap. What am I going to do?" Oh, crap—the motor has burnt out on this mower again! Crap, I left the oven on at home! I have to go!
1. Exhausted. I had a long day at work, and I'm crapped—any chance we can do dinner tomorrow night instead?
2. Dead. Hold on, the batteries in the remote are crapped, so we're stuck on this channel for now.
See also: crap
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. dung; feces. (Often used as a milder replacement for shit. Usually objectionable.) There’s dog crap on my lawn!
2. in. to defecate. (Usually objectionable.) Your dog crapped on my lawn!
3. n. nonsense; lies. (see also BS.) Stop talking crap and get serious!
4. n. junk; shoddy merchandise. Send this crap back. I won’t pay for it!
See crapped out
See also: crap
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) rare as rocking horse crap
- and crap
- be full of crap
- beat the crap out of (someone)
- crap (one's) pants
- crap around
- crap list
- crap on (someone or something)
- crap on about (something)
- crap out
- crap up
- crapped out
- cut the comedy
- cut the crap
- Cut the crap!
- Do bears crap in the woods?
- Does a bear crap in the woods?
- don't crap where you eat
- eat crap
- full of crap
- get the crap kicked out of (someone)
- holy crap
- holy crap on a cracker
- holy crap on a stick
- kick the crap out of (someone)
- load of crap
- piece of crap
- pile of crap
- scare the crap out of (one)
- shoot the bull
- shoot the crap
- take a crap
- the crap out of
- throw the bull
- throw the bull (around)
- throw the crap
- You scared the hell out of me