combo(redirected from a combo)
1. A shortening of "combination," referring to a blend or mixture of people or things. As a senior, I felt really out of place at the party because it was a combo of freshmen and sophomores. Peanut butter and chocolate is definitely my favorite combo in a dessert.
2. A musical group made up of only a few musicians. It's a small space, so they just want a jazz combo to play, rather than some huge band.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a small group of musicians; a small band. (From combination.) Andy started his own combo and made money from day one.
2. n. a combination of people or things. The dish was a combo of fish, garlic, and cream.
3. n. a bisexual person. Nobody would have thought that Fred’s a combo.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.