butch(redirected from a butch)
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. noun, slang A pejorative term likening a doctor to a butcher. I'll never go to that butch again, not since he misdiagnosed my infection and I wound up in the ER!
2. noun, slang A person who is masculine in appearance and/or sensibility. Typically used of lesbians and gay men who exhibit such traits. Some lesbians describe themselves as butches, some describe themselves as femmes, and others eschew labels altogether. Julie always dates butches.
3. adjective, slang Describing a person who is masculine in appearance and/or sensibility. Typically used of lesbians and gay men who exhibit such traits. Everyone Julie dates is butch. Some lesbians describe themselves as butch, some describe themselves as femme, and others eschew labels altogether.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a physician. (Derogatory. From butcher.) The butch at the infirmary was no help at all.
2. mod. virile and masculine. (In a homosexual context.) Really, Clare. How butch!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.