You wouldn't wish on your worst enemy - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
I wouldn't wish (something) on my worst enemy (redirected from You wouldn't wish on your worst enemy)
I wouldn't wish (something) on my worst enemy
The thing being discussed is so bad that no one deserves to be subjected to it, not even a person I hate. I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. No one should have to go through that. That's the worst class I've ever taken. I wouldn't wish that professor on my worst enemy. Buffering videos are truly the worst. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. and I wouldn't wish that on a dog.
Fig. I would not wish that to happen to even the worst or lowliest person. A skunk sprayed him! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. What a hideous disease! I wouldn't wish that on a dog.
wouldn’t wish something on my, etc. worst ˈenemy (informal) used for saying that something is so unpleasant, painful, etc. that you would not like anyone to experience it: It’s a terrible job — it’s dirty, noisy and boring. I wouldn’t wish a job like that on my worst enemy.
References in periodicals archive
The pain is something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy
Four of the towering trees were gone - cut down by city workers - and dozens more had received a haircut you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy
- You scared the hell out of me
- you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours
- you see
- you should know a man seven years before you stir his fire
- you should talk
- you should worry!
- you shouldn't have
- you snooze, you lose
- you so-and-so
- You the man!
- you think
- You think you're so smart!
- you wait
- You wait!
- You want a piece of me?
- you want to start something
- You want to step outside?
- you weasel
- you what
- you win
- You win some, you lose some
- you wish
- you wish!
- You wouldn't dare!
- you wouldn't read about it
- You wouldn't wish on your worst enemy
- you('d) better believe it
- you, etc. can whistle for it
- you, etc. can't have it both ways
- you, he, etc. can't stand somebody/something
- you, he, etc. will be lucky
- you, he, she, etc. started it
- you/you'd better believe it!
- You’re on your own
- You’re the doctor
- You’re the man!
- You’ve got another think coming
- you'd better believe it
- You'll be sorry you asked
- you'll be the death of me
- you'll catch your death
- you'll catch your death (of cold)
- you'll catch your death of cold
- You'll get onto it
- You'll get the hang of it
- You'll never get away with it
- you'll never guess
- you'll, he'll, etc. be lucky
- young at heart
- young blood