Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
for XYZ reasons
For various unknown or unspecifiable reasons. Primarily heard in US, South Africa. Many people don't like country music for XYZ reasons, but I've always really enjoyed it.
An initialism for "examine your zipper" (with "X" used to represent "examine" to fit the pattern of "XYZ"). Said to someone whose pants are unzipped. Hey, Tom, XYZ before you go into the meeting!
An initialism for "examine your zipper pretty darn/damn quick" (with "X" used to represent "examine" to fit the pattern of "XYZ"). Said to someone whose pants are unzippered. Hey, Tom, XYZPDQ before you go into the meeting!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
tv. examine your zipper; make sure your fly is zipped up. (Initialism. Said to men when necessary.) I say there, Willy, XYZ.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- for XYZ reasons
- for (a/some) reason(s) best known to (oneself)
- for a/some reason/reasons best known to himself, herself, etc.
- for reasons best known to himself
- have a soft spot for
- have a soft spot for (someone or something)
- have a soft spot for or an animal
- have a soft spot for somebody/something
- have a soft spot for someone/something
- the short and the long of it