Want to make something of it?
(do) (you) want to make something of it?
A threat to begin an intense fight or argue about something, usually something minor or easy to overlook. A: "Think you're being funny, huh? Do you want to make something of it?" B: "No, I'm sorry, I simply wasn't thinking when I said that about your marriage. That's all." A: "I heard your dad got fired for drinking on the job again." B: "That's right, want to make something of it? Because I'd be more than happy to wipe that smug grin off your face!" Yeah, I dropped out of high school, so what? You want to make something of it?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Want to make something of it?and Wanna make sumpin’ of it?
interrog. Do you want to fight about it? So, I’m a little ugly. Wanna make sumpin’ of it?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (do) (you) want to make something of it?
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- all for the best
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a horse of another
- a horse of another color
- a horse of another colour