Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Note: This page may contain terms or definitions that are offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
out the wazoo
slang In great, extreme, or excessive abundance. ("Wazoo" is a slang term for the anus.) The company's had financial difficulties out the wazoo lately, but the CEO is adamant that it will start making a profit soon. Sorry, I can't come out tonight, I've got homework out the wazoo.
have (something) up the wazoo
To have a great or excessive abundance of something. The company's had financial difficulties up the wazoo lately, but the CEO is adamant that it will start making a profit again soon. Sorry, I can't come out tonight, I've got homework up the wazoo.
up the wazoo
To an excessive or extreme degree; in great or excessive abundance. The company's had financial difficulties up the wazoo lately, but the CEO is adamant that it will start making a profit soon. I only buy video game consoles after they've been out a while and stores aren't charging up the wazoo for them.
1. slang The mouth. I feel so bad for him—he took a line-drive to the bazoo and had to go the hospital.
2. slang The stomach, often a large and/or protruding one. If you don't get that bazoo under control, you'll be asked to play Santa Claus this year!
3. slang The buttocks. It hurts to sit down right now because I slipped on ice and landed hard on my bazoo.
up (or out) the wazooin great quantities. informal
Wazoo is an informal American term for the buttocks or anus. Its origins are unknown.
2000 Eric Garcia Anonymous Rex The guy in the movie had business contacts up the wazoo.
ˌout/ˌup the waˈzoo(American English, taboo, slang) in large numbers or amounts: She’s got awards up the wazoo.
1. n. the human mouth. You want me to punch you in the wazoo? Shut your damn wazoo!
2. n. the stomach or belly. His great wazoo hung poised, out over his belt, like it might dive down to the floor and bounce off across the room. Pow, right in the wazoo!
3. n. the anus; the buttocks. (Jocular and euphemistic.) One more word like that and I’ll give you a kick in the wazoo that you’ll remember for a long time. She fell so down! Right on her skinny bazoo.
up the wazoo
In great abundance.