turd(redirected from Turds)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
turd in the punchbowl
vulgar slang Something or someone that spoils, ruins, or needlessly complicates a situation or circumstance; a disagreeable nuisance or source of irritation. For these greedy corporate executives, restrictions put in place by regulators to protect consumers are just turds in the punchbowl. Not to be the turd in the punchbowl, but I really think we should take this money we found to the police, instead of keeping it for ourselves.
See also: turd
polish a turd
slang To make something unpleasant seem more appealing than it really is—which is often a futile effort. "Turd" is a slang term for a piece of feces. Look, man, your term paper was bad before, and all of your edits are just making it worse—polishing a turd won't make it better.
you can't polish a turd
You can't make something unpleasant seem more appealing than it really is—attempting to do so is often a futile effort. "Turd" is a slang term for a piece of feces. Look, man, your term paper was bad before, and all of your edits are just making it worse—you can't polish a turd, you know.
1. noun An unpleasant or irritating person. Geez, that guy just won't shut up—he's a real birdturd.
2. noun Bird excrement. Ugh, I just washed my car, and there's birdturd on it already!
3. adjective Unpleasant, irritating, or stupid. Wow, that was a real birdturd speech—I can't believe they let him address the whole congregation.
slang A ball or clump of lint, as found in an area that needs to be dusted. Grandma will be here any minute, so we need to finish cleaning—please don't leave any ghost turds behind!
1. n. an obnoxious person. (Rude and derogatory.) You silly birdturd. Wake up!
2. mod. stupid; obnoxious; lousy; worthless. (Usually objectionable.) Of all the stupid, underhanded, birdturd tricks—this takes the cake!
3. n. bird dung, especially if dried. (Usually objectionable.) There’s birdturd on your shoe.
n. a wad of lint, as found under a bed. (Use caution with turd.) There’s a lot of ghost turds under the bed.
1. n. a formed mass of fecal material; a fecal bolus. (Usually objectionable.) There’s a turd floating in the swimming pool!
2. n. a wretched or worthless person. (Rude and derogatory.) You stupid turd!
n. a wretched and obnoxious person. (Rude and derogatory.) You stupid turd face! Why did you do that?