TLC


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

tender loving care

Compassionate, caring, protective attention or treatment. Sometime abbreviated to TLC, especially when using the term more jocularly or lightheartedly. I find that giving these patients tender loving care is as beneficial to them as their medication, sometimes more so. Your plants just need a little tender loving care and they'll be green and healthy again in no time!
See also: care, loving, tender

tender loving care

Also, TLC. Solicitous and compassionate care, as in These houseplants sure have had tender loving care, or Older house for sale, needs some renovation and TLC. Originally used to describe the work of care-givers such as nurses, this term today is often used ironically or euphemistically. [Second half of 1900s]
See also: care, loving, tender

TLC

n. tender loving care. (Initialism.) This old car will keep running as long as I give it lots of TLC.
References in periodicals archive ?
Friendly - TLC Rentals & Leasing is a car-renting service that offers TLC ready cars at affordable prices.
If TLC proved that it established a "reimbursement arrangement" with a trucking company that satisfied the rigorous requirements of Regs.
IT has also been instrumental in exploring software options, co-teaching professional development courses, managing training facilities, handling the administrative details for the TLC training sessions, keeping campus technology support personnel informed of TLC's projects and services, and managing an online knowledge database (RightNow) for disseminating information.
Curiosamente, Weintraub no menciona el efecto del TLC sobre la baja de los precios al consumidor.
Friendly TLC Rentals & Leasing offers individuals the opportunity to be the boss as a ride share driver and experience the feel of driving one of the company's luxury vehicles.
TLC currently operates 6 additional California centers including Beverly Hills, Burbank, San Diego, San Jose, Sherman Oaks and South Pasadena.
The TLC Kitchen ships meals everywhere in the continental United States and delivers in one to three business days, including Saturday's.
The Harvard-trained lawyer had first demonstrated his prowess years earlier by launching an investment firm, the TLC Group, and completing the $22.
For starters, the sale came a month after TLC Beatrice announced a 33% increase in net earnings, from $41 million for the first half of 1996 to $55 million for the same period in 1997.
IMM's Check 21 solution has been implemented in all five of TLC FCU's branches, which are reporting an 85 percent pass rate on the checks that are scanned, leaving only 15 percent that need to have the amounts entered manually.
First, there was the sudden death of Loida's hust)and of 24 years and TLC Beatrice founder Reginald F.
All steps of the analytical procedure are clearly explained, starting with the choice of a suitable TLC technique and ending with data evaluation and documentation.
I don't want to pay 5% more on a deal because we're going to be the first Americans of African descent to do it," Lewis told BLACK ENTERPRISE in an exclusive interview after acquiring TLC Beatrice in 1987.
SALT LAKE CITY -- National Hyperbaric Rehab Center (Pink Sheets: NHYB) under the SanCuro Wound Systems division has contracted with TLC HealthCare[TM] Quality Improvement Organization ("TLC") to organize quality improvement programming and educational services.