swag(redirected from Swag!)
slang An abbreviation of "scientific wild-ass guess," meaning an estimate or guess based on very simple evidence, reasoning, or logic. Now, this is just a SWAG, but judging from the calculations I jotted down just now, we need to clear about $500,000 in sales to recoup our development costs. I never trust weather forecasts—in this country, they're little more than SWAGs!
1. noun Stolen goods or money; loot. Come on, show us the swag you scored from the jewelery shop! We found about $100,000 worth of swag in the suspect's storage locker.
2. noun Small promotional items given away at events such as conferences. Look at all the swag I got at that HR conference! Pens, a clipboard, even a beach ball!
3. noun Extreme self-confidence. A shortened form of the word "swagger." All the girls want to date him because he's got swag.
4. adjective Cool; awesome. Yeah, that dude's pretty swag.
5. interjection Cool; awesome. Hey, there's free pizza here! Swag!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
scientific wild ass guessand SWAG
phr. & comp. abb. a simple guess. (Often objectionable.) I don’t know at all. That was a SWAG. I always use the SWAG system.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.