steak(redirected from Steaks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
all sizzle and no steak
Disappointing or anticlimactic. Having an exciting, promising, important, or aggrandizing buildup that proves to be unwarranted. Everyone is in a panic over the supposed water shortages, but personally I think the whole thing is all sizzle and no steak. The film had a lot of hype before its release, but after seeing it, I think it's all sizzle and no steak.
dated slang A frankfurter; a hot dog. Primarily heard in US. Mom served us nothing but pimp steaks and baked beans for dinner each night while Dad was out of town.
tougher than a two-dollar steak
1. Very physically strong and resilient. Marty has played in 500 straight games without so much as a sprained ankle—he's tougher than a two-dollar steak. My grandfather still does a lot of physical labor around the family farm, so he's tougher than a two-dollar steak.
2. Very emotionally or mentally strong and resilient, especially in the face of adversity. We need someone who is tougher than a two-dollar steak at the head of the company when times get rough. The tragedy has been really hard on our whole family, but my wife has been tougher than a two-dollar steak throughout it all.
1. slang A sausage, especially a frankfurter. Nothing says summertime like being out in the sunshine grilling up burgers and tube steaks!
2. vulgar slang A penis. I came in the room and he was standing there with his tube steak just hanging right out in the open!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
bake the tube steak
tv. to copulate. Bobby was set to bake the tube steak last night, but he failed to preheat the oven.
n. a hot dog; a wiener. (see also tube steak.) Oh, no! Not pimp steak again tonight.
1. n. a frankfurter or a wiener. (see also pimp steak.) I could live on tube steak. Nothing is better!
2. and tube steak of love n. the penis. She laughed so hard when he said “tube steak of love,” that he lost interest, so to speak. His tube steak was reminding him that it was time to get up.
tube steak of loveverb
See tube steak
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
A humorous (and sometimes pretentious) name for a plain ol' hot dog.
Endangered Phrases by Steven D. Price Copyright © 2011 by Steven D. Price