speedster(redirected from Speedsters)
Also found in: Dictionary.
1. A person who drives over the speed limit. The police have announced a statewide crackdown on speeders. Someone who feels drowsy behind the wheel is just as accident prone as a speeder.
2. slang Any drug that acts as a stimulant, especially amphetamine or methamphetamine. My drinking had gotten so bad that I was snorting speeders throughout the day just to be able to function at work. She downed a speeder, cranked up the heavy metal, and set to worked on the welding.
1. A person who drives over the speed limit. The police have announced a statewide crackdown on speedsters. Someone who feels drowsy behind the wheel is just as accident prone as a speedster.
2. An athlete who runs, skates, swims, cycles, etc., very fast. The team's new running back is one hell of a speedster. The speedster already had eight Olympic gold medals for cycling, and he finally added a Tour de France championship to his list of accolades.
3. In comic books, science fiction, and other media, a character who is able to run at superhuman speeds. While The Flash may be the most iconic, other famous comic book speedsters include Superman, Quicksilver, and Silver Surfer. Sonic the Hedgehog is probably the most famous speedster in all of video games.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a speeding ticket. The cop that gave Mary a speeder Wednesday gave her another one Friday.
2. n. an amphetamine or methamphetamine tablet, capsule, or ampoule. (see also speed.) Somebody dropped some speeders on the floor of the car, and my father spazzed out.
3. and speedster n. a user of amphetamines or methamphetamine; a person who is hyperactive from amphetamine use. (Drugs.) That kid is really hyped up—must be a speeder. The speedsters can seem crazy when they’re on a run.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.