roach(redirected from Roach Maxwell)
Also found in: Dictionary.
slang The end fragment (butt) of a hand-rolled cigarette, especially one filled with marijuana (a "joint"). He kept trying to light the roach while it was in his mouth and nearly set his moustache on fire! We collected all the roaches in the ash tray and filled a bowl with what we managed to scrape out of them.
slang A clasp, clamp, or other similar fastener, especially an alligator clip, used to hold the end fragment (the "roach") of a marijuana cigarette (a "joint") while it is being smoked so as to avoid the smoker's fingers getting burned. He makes fun of me for using a roach pick, but I had the last laugh when he burned his fingers and dropped his roach in a puddle.
slang A clasp, clamp, or other similar fastener, especially an alligator clip, used to hold the end fragment (the "roach") of a marijuana cigarette (a "joint") while it is being smoked so as to avoid the smoker's fingers getting burned. He makes fun of me for using a roach clip, but I had the last laugh when he burned his fingers and dropped his roach in a puddle.
slang A food truck, a truck or van outfitted to be a mobile kitchen used to prepare and sell food at various locations. Everyone in the office likes to get food from the roach coach that parks outside at lunchtime, but I don't really care for anything they serve. There's a roach coach that always comes around to the dorms and frats in the evening to sell munchies to the stoned college students.
1. Completely worn out or exhausted. I haven't been running in a long time, so I'm feeling totally roached after just a few kilometers! My arms are roached after that workout!
2. Thoroughly run down, broken, or destroyed. My brother has a newer model truck than mine, but his started feeling roached before he'd even reached 250,000 miles with it. These circuit boards are roached. You're better off just replacing the entire unit than trying to repair it at this point.
See also: roach
1. n. a police officer. (Derogatory. From cockroach.) A roach caught him while he was at work.
2. n. the butt end of a marijuana cigarette. (Drugs.) The cops found a roach on the bathroom floor.
3. n. an ugly girl or woman. (Derogatory. From cockroach.) Who was that roach you were with last night?
roach clipand roach pick
n. a device to hold a roach and make it smokable. (Drugs.) When the cops find a roach clip on you, you’ve had it. He held the roach on a paper clip “roach pick.”
See roach clip
n. a mobile snack truck. (The term was revived in the Persian Gulf War.) The roach-coach pulled up in front of the dorm every night about eleven.
mod. hungover; exhausted. (Perhaps the notion of being down to the roach sense 2, and therefore, exhausted.) I’m roached. I feel lousy.
See also: roach