potato(redirected from Potatos)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
A negligible, trivial, or unimportant difference, distinction, or correction. (While "potahto" is not an accepted pronunciation in any English-speaking population, the phrase is an allusion to a verse in the song "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off": "You like potayto, I like potahto; you like tomayto, I like tomahto; potayto, potahto, tomayto, tomahto, let's call the whole thing off!") A: "Well, technically, the Hindenburg was a rigid airship, not a blimp." B: "Eh, potayto, potahto. What difference does it make?"
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. the head. Put your hat on your potato, and let’s get out of here.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- a couch potato
- a hot potato
- all (that) meat and no potatoes
- all meat and no potatoes
- all that meat and no potatoes
- couch potato
- drop (someone or something) like a hot potato
- drop like a hot potato
- drop like a hot potato, to
- drop someone or something like a hot potato
- drop someone/something like a hot potato
- drop something like a hot potato
- hot potato
- meat and drink to me, it is
- meat and potatoes
- mouse potato
- potato soup
- potayto, potahto
- small beer
- small beer/small potatoes
- small potatoes
- taters in the mould
- the meat and potatoes