popper(redirected from Poppers)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. n. something astonishing. (Alludes to the comical view of eyes bulging outward in surprise or amazement.) What an eye-popper of a story!
2. n. a very good-looking woman or girl. Isn’t that foxy lady an eye-popper?
lid proppersand lid poppers
n. amphetamine tablets or capsules. (Drugs. Refers to the eyelids.) Kelly has to have a couple of lid proppers each morning.
See also: lid
See lid proppers
pill-popperand popper and pill-dropper
n. anyone who takes pills frequently or habitually. I knew she was always ill, but I didn’t know she was a pill-dropper. He’s not a hypochondriac, just a pill-dropper.
1. and popsie n. an ampoule of amyl nitrite, a drug that is inhaled when the ampoule is broken. (Drugs. Often plural.) You got any popsies I can have?
2. Go to pill-popper.
3. n. a handgun. (Underworld. From the sound of a gunshot.) He carries his popper under his coat.
4. n. a can of beer (in a pop-top can). You ready for another popper, Tom?
1. n. a difficult course in school or college. The course was a skull-buster, and I had to drop it.
2. n. a police officer. (Refers to the striking of skulls.) Two skull-poppers came up and started asking questions.